Applications are open for the WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships (PBS) which is awarded to individuals from developing/emerging economies (East and South) who wish to pursue formal studies or mid-career professional training in the field of nature conservation.
The aim of the WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships for Nature Conservation (PBS) is to provide financial support to individuals wishing to pursue short-term professional training or formal studies that will help them contribute more effectively to conservation efforts in their country.
The Prince Bernhard Scholarships are:
- Enabling – help people be more effective to achieve conservation
- Developmental – nurture scholars to become conservation leaders
- Multiplying – inspire graduates to train others
The maximum amount for any one scholarship under this scheme is CHF 10,000. Only in exceptional circumstances will the maximum award be granted.
- As a priority, the PBS support mid-career training (up to a maximum of one year) for individuals working in the field of conservation or associated disciplines directly relevant to the delivery and promotion of conservation. Applications from candidates doing multiple-year studies will only be considered if the applicant is applying for support for the last year of studies.
- Applications are encouraged from people seeking to build skills in specific subjects that will enhance their contribution to nature conservation. In particular, women and people working for non-governmental or community-based organizations are encouraged to apply.
- Only nationals from Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe & Middle East will be considered, including WWF staff or candidates working as partners with WWF. Applicants must provide written proof of acceptance on a course, and proof that they are also seeking funding from other sources. Preference is given where appropriate to those who seek support for studies in their country or region.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Manyincluding Bahrain,Cyprus,Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen